Sunday, January 20, 2008

Cloverfield

Cloverfield - you either like it or you hate it.

and i like it!



It is produced by J.J Abrams, the big guy behind the TV series "Lost". Parts of the movie were shot using hand-held video camera, the other parts were edited to make it look like it was shot using a hand-held video cam. I was apprehensive about watching the show at first, cos i was scared that it would make me giddy. In the end, it made the usually yaya-papaya Mr Porky giddy instead of me. :P (oh yeah, he likes the show too!)

Mr Porky noticed that quite a number of people left the cinema and didn't come back.. i guess they couldn't take it. Honestly, I think it's really fine. The way the film was captured made it even more realistic.

The (viral) marketing for the movie is very interesting as well. They have very realistic MySpace pages for the characters in the show, with messages left by other characters in the show, such as the male lead asking the female to go for lunch etc. There are other websites which features YouTube like vids of their friend talking about their everyday life, etc..

I'm tempted to actually watch it again to catch those minute details that i missed. (pssst, wikipedia tells you so much!)

It is not an average movie that you'll expect to see. I shall not divulge too much, but I definitely recommend you to watch it with an open mind, and tell me what you think! :)

oh yeah, the babe in the show - beth is hot!!

No comments: